Reuse + Recycle = ReStore
What Is A ReStore?
ReStore is a home building supply thrift store that recycles new, gently used and antique items donated by manufacturers, stores, contractors and individuals. The donations are sold to the public at VERY LOW PRICES or used in the construction of Habitat houses. All proceeds from sales go directly towards Habitat for Humanity house construction program in the Housatonic Valley.
The ReStore was opened to the public to help raise funds to build new, simple, decent and affordable housing for families in need in the Housatonic Valley. Simply put ReStore is a home improvement resale store that recycles usable goods to new users.
How Does ReStore Work?
When doing renovations on your home and removing materials that are too good to throw away, don’t trash them, donate them to the ReStore. If your project is complete, but you have extra materials leftover, don’t store them, donate them to ReStore. Wrong color? Wrong size ?? Unable to return??? Donate them to ReStore. When you donate your surplus, overstock, close-outs, slightly damaged or “wrong” order materials to ReStore they will be sold and all proceeds will go directly to Housatonic Habitat for Humanity to build more homes. All donations are TAX DEDUCTIBLE because we are registered as a 501(c)(3) organization.
How you Benefit from donating
- Receive a tax deduction
- Avoid expensive disposal fees
- Get rid of unwanted materials
- Keep usable materials out of landfills
- Be part of helping the homeless
- Aid in revitalizing our community
- Help provide affordable housing for needed families
How ReStore donations help the community
- Helps generate funding for Habitat for Humanity house building/renovating projects
- Provide families with affordable home improvement materials
- Provides a unique LOW COST, housing material, shopping experience in the Housatonic Valley
- Offers another volunteer option to get involved with Habitat for Humanity